Spicy, addictive, salty, AND spicy, addictive and salty
Words I occasionally use to describe myself
4 cups raw almonds
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 sprigs of rosemary
1/3 cup Harissa infused olive oil (Kristos Olive Oil in Old Town Arvada, CO)
2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place almonds in a bowl.
- Place garlic, rosemary and olive oil in a pan and heat over low heat for about 5 minutes or until shimmery.
- Pour heated oil with garlic and rosemary over almonds and toss to coat.
- Pour almonds, oil, garlic and all onto a sheet pan, sprinkle with salt and place in oven for about 10 minutes.
- Remove when aromatic, and toss in a bowl to cool. Stirring occasionally to recoat with olive oil.
- Place in container and keep at room temperature for the day, or refrigerate until they're all eaten (probably about one day later.)
If you don't have Harissa infused olive oil, go to Kristos to get some. If you live more than 100 miles away you can add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, or some hot pepper flakes, or some hot Spanish smoked paprika to the salt.